Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Beginning of a new year

I know this title my be a little late considering what I am entering if concerning my Bible verse that I committed to memorize for the first of January. But I have join Beth and a lot of my other Siestas in memorizing scripture for the year 2009. My first scripture is the one that was the main focus at Breakaway this year and it has stuck with me ever since. It was a total break through. I have heard and know this scripture for a while and I am sure many other people know it also but when you really read it and study it you can get so much more out of it and that is what happened with me in that week. Here is it.

Mark 12:30 ESV
And you shall love the LORD your GOD with all your heart, and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

As you see this is a very simple verse, but what we have to understand is that GOD loves us this way. With ALL HIS HEART, with ALL HIS SOUL, with ALL HIS MIND and with ALL HIS STRENGTH. We are to accept this and then once we have accepted this take another look at our lives and LOVE HIM back in the same way. This is my committment to HIM for the new year. No New Years resolutions just a new committment to my ABBA FATHER, which it this.

And I shall LOVE the LORD my GOD with ALL MY HEART, and with ALL MY SOUL and with ALL MY MIND and with ALL MY STRENGHT.

This is the only way I know how to start my new year. Giving my all to HIM who STRENGTHENS me.

No comments: