Sunday, June 27, 2010

WOW Where does the time go.

Setting here in my big comfortable chair while Cotton my faithful and loving dog is sound asleep on the sofa taking a few steps back in time. Thought I would look my blogs and I am sad to say I have not written anything since Feb 2009. Oh the things that have changed in my life in the last year and 4 months. The blessings that I have received, the trials that I have lived through with the guidance of my Savior. There have been valleys and there have been mountain top experiences.

God has done so many things in my life in this time that sometimes it makes my head spin. In May of 2009 God moved me out of my comfort zone and moved me to a new church, Stowers Hill Baptist located in Attalla, AL about 10 minutes from the house if I get stopped by the red light. This was a major blessing in my life but it also come with trials. But I totally depended on God and He got me through.

In July of 2009 we went on our first mission trip. We went with the youth to Midland Michigan. Wow did God ever show up and make His presence known. We were there a week. Satan definitely did not like what was going on and tried in every way he could to get to us. But come on Wednesday in our morning devotional time we claimed back our power that is given to each of us as children of Christ and showed him who was the victor. Never have I experienced anything like that morning.
The last Saturday in August my youngest son Mat comes to tell me he is moving to Jacksonville FL. I was truly concerned but I knew he had to do it and would learn from the experience. It was difficult for him in the being and me also but he has made it through. He now has an awesome job that he enjoys, a great apartment of his own and friends that he enjoys. We made a road trip this past March and I loved the place. Great beach and lots of things to do and see. Will have to make another road trip sometimes.
Come September and I was asked to teach a new class at Stowers Hill. A single women's Bible study class. Wow it has been great. Small class but some awesome times with God and discovering His Word with some awesome ladies.

Troy and I went to our very first Alabama Football game. It rained and rained when we got there but still had a lot of fun. Lots of great pictures and memories to go with them.


This past December, Christmas to be exact was awesome. Mat was home. Nathan was back at home for a short while. Had both sons under my roof for a few days. Interesting to say the lest. Christmas Eve will be one I will never forget. Troy, Mat, my mom, Mitchell and myself we to church for our Christmas Eve serve. We had the Lord's supper together. There I stood never would have ever imaged in my wildest dreams. Mitchell (my ex husband) and our son Mat standing side by side taking communion together. It was all I could do to hold it together. I looked up at my mom and saw her is small tears in her eyes and had to look away. We had friends over at Troy's house and eat a huge turkey with all the trimmings that God blessed us with the ability to have. I really enjoy cooking and seeing people enjoy their food. After everyone left we opened our gifts. I really got spoiled.


This year 2010 was brought in with a blast. Troy and I went as staff to Breakaway and it was an experience I will never forget. We have been with the youth at our previous church and it was good but this year was unbelievable. The Spirit moved in every service like we had never seen before. The altar was packed every night and there were many young people answering the call that God has for their lives.

A few weeks later we went back to Pigeon Forge with our youth at Stowers Hill and God was still moving. The time together and the conference was good but our time we spent together was what meant the most to me. We would meet each night after the conference and talk about the day and discuss the conference and scriptures. Share our testimonies and spent some where time with the Lord.

The year continues on, finished another semster of school with only one more class to go to have my Bachelors in ministry. We have worked on several remodeling projects at Troy's house but still not completely finished. Hopeful that we can finish before next year. This past May we have been at Stowers Hill for a year and all I can say about that is WOW.


Lots of great things happening. Answered the call God has had on my life for a while I just didn't want to admit it until May, women's ministry. Our new women's ministry is named H.E.E.L.S. (Helping women Explore and Experience the Loving Savior). We have been blessed to receive a scholarship from Beth Moore, Living Proof Ministries and Siestaville. We are starting our first Bible study this week on Thursday night. I can already feel that it is going to be so awesome and that GOD has some wonderful plans during this study. We have put together our steering team and going to be hosting the Living Proof Live simulcast with Beth Moore and Travis on September 18th.

Well this will rap it up for now a quick review of a year in my life. Lots more took place but it is late and not much more time before I fall asleep. I will keep you updated more with the happenings with our Bible Study and the planning of the simulcast. I am sure I will be sharing lots of awesome wonders that God has in store for us, Troy and I, our family, and our wonderful church family. Good night for now and may God continually bless each of you in your lives and in our walk with Him.

No comments: